Not that I'm trying to take credit or anything, but since I moved back to the Bay Area last year, a lot good things have happened with Bay Area Sports teams:
- The 2012 Oakland Athletics went on an amazing run to capture the AL West crown, ultimately losing to the Detroit Tigers in the ALDS in 5 games. This year's 2013 Oakland Athletics didn't disappoint and finished the season strong to take the division title once again. We'll be looking to exact some revenge against the same Tigers team, starting with Game 1 tonight (I'll be there!).
- The 2012 San Francisco Giants won the whole thing and are defending champs.
- The 2012-13 San Francisco 49ers had a strong season and made the Super Bowl, but were unfortunately upset by the Baltimore Ravens. I'm still not over it. #BetterTeamLost
- The 2012-13 Golden State Warriors shocked the NBA as the #6 seed, taking down the Denver Nuggets in the 1st round of the playoffs, and giving the San Antonio Spurs all they could handle in the 2nd round. With the acquisition of Andre Iguodala, the Warriors are high on everyone's list. Go Dubs!
- Just a casual hockey fan, but the 2012-13 San Jose Sharks swept the 1st round of the playoffs as the #6 seed, and took the LA Kings to 7 games in the 2nd round.
That's a pretty impressive showing for the Bay Area. 5 of the 6 major sports franchises in the Bay Area made the playoffs, with 1 of them winning the championship.
Then there are the Oakland Raiders ..... (sorry, had to do it.)